Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Good Morning. Snowy and 35 in Chicago today. I'm actually able to count the hours until we head off to Florida with sunshine and highs in the upper 70s (I wonder if that's warm enough to get a tan). Looking forward to the trip immensely...my sister is down there as well. Funny, she only lives 90 miles away from Chicago, but the only time I ever see her is when we're both in Florida.

The Sox continue to shine in Spring Training out in the desert. Not that that means very much other than that their minor leaguers ain't half-bad. They actually almost managed to blow a 6-1 lead against Oakland yesterday but somehow the AA lackeys in the bullpen managed to get the job done in the end.

So what else is in the news? The Tribune had a great piece about how the remodeling of the Chicago Board Of Trade's old trading floor is unearthing sme really cool surprises. I'd love to go over and see it, but I'm guessing that if it took an invite from the Chairman just to get his father to be able to see the artifacts, there's no way in hell that an ex-pit flunky like me would be able to check it out.

Eric Zorn, who I almost never agree with, has a great column about the Dems' attempted hatchet job on Barack Obama, who I could never vote for in a million years, but have a ton of respect for nonetheless. Eric points out that like they almost always do, the Dems are resorting to using abortion as a scare tactic. I have no idea why they tend to run their campaigns based entirely on abortion--then again Bush running his entire campaign based on 9/11 and the "War On Terrah" doesn't make much sense either.

More later.