Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday Randoms

-The Better Half's grandmother passed away suddenly yesterday at 88 years old. Wow. I've lost 3 grandparents in the past 3 years...none of which have made it to 80. But 7 out of my 8 my great-grandparents lived past 85. Go figure.

-Today marks the one year anniversary of my departure from my old employer. I miss the people, but not the product. Then again, most of the people I miss from there have left as well. The group that I worked in once had 11 people in it, and at one point was down to 4 before going back up to 7. Only 1 guy that was there when I left is still in the group.

-Tonight marks the first Bears home preseason game of the season. There's just something that's not right about watching football in a Hawaiian shirt and short unless you're at the Pro Bowl.