Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Ho hum, it's Tuesday.

Rolled out the latest and greatest incarnation of our new trading system at work last night to one of our smallest clients. The trading system works like a charm...but the back office piece (my area of expertise) ain't workin' for shite. So tomorrow I get to spend all morning huddled with developers running through every single scenario that I already ran through today. Joy joy.

Will he or won't he? The Ditka drama continues. I can't remember anything this exciting since Gary Hart back in '88 trying to figure out if he was in, out, or just in Donna Rice. Personally, I think the whole Ditka thing is kinda cool. What a lot of people don't know is that he's done a ton of grassroots work for Da GOP over the past few years and is surprisingly in tune with what Illinois' needs are. But the main reason I like him is that he's a human being: he won't lie about the fact that he likes to drink, smoke cigars, gamble and golf. He's already admitted that he's an "ultra-conservative", so that oughta make the leader loopers happy.

All Star action tonight. Got lunch with Jed tomorrow riding on an AL win.

...and here's the reason why when I used to 'shroom in college, I stayed the hell in my dorm room.