Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Holding Court

With the 70 degree temps yesterday (which will be gone by tonight), I got to play tennis for the first time in 2005 last night up at Welles Park.

Dropping some weight has really made a difference. I'm a lot quicker in getting to the ball, and no longer just kinda give up when a ball is hit to the other side of the court. My first serve percentage is up, but I'm still struggling with being able to hit it shallow. I'm hitting it really hard though.

I still have issues with hitting the ball flat. Anything I hit from the baseline has too much arc on it. Hopefully I'm just rusty.

Meanwhile, in SoxLand, rumours are flying that Ben Davis will no longer be a White Sock by the end of the day, leaving the backup catching duties to Chris Widger. Where he goes and what we get in return is anyone's guess.