Friday, March 25, 2005

Redemption!

If I remember anything at all from religion classes as a pup, it's that the Easter season is all about redeeming oneself and what not.

Well, my dear friend Phil Rogers redeems himself for his preposterous Sosa ass-licking yesterday with this excellent piece about Mark Buehrle, the best pitcher no one outside of Chicago has ever heard of.

Equally important, Bruce Weber and the Flyin' Illini Part Deux took sleazebag Bruce Pearl and his UWM Panthers to school...and Weber was even classy enough to shake Pearl's hand afterwards.

In the past few days, I've read quite a few posts on others' blogs about Easter and its importance. To a hedonistic heathen like me, Easter is little more than black jellybeans, deviled eggs and baseball season getting underway. (Yeah, I know it's kinda early this year though). But whatever your thoughts on it are--have a great weekend.