Sunday, May 08, 2005

Fun Facts

I didn't know I shared a birthday with:

1) St Peter Canisius
2) Don Rickles
3) Toni Tenille
4) Bobby Labonte

I knew Harry Truman, Alex Van Halen, and Enrique Iglesias (born in the same year) but that was about it.

I also didn't know that the following things besides V-E Day also happened on May 8:

1) The first Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show (1877)
2) The Evil CCCP Empire announced they'd boycott the 1984 Olympics
3) Richmond was named the capital of the Confederacy (1861)

The wedding I went to last night turned out to be a blast, by the way. Even though at 3:00 I locked myself out of the house, had to call a locksmith, wait for him for an hour to show up and pay him $110 for 25 seconds of work and then sat in traffic for 2 hours to get to Naperville.