Friday, March 26, 2004

It's Raining, It's Pouring....

It's not April yet, but it's still raining cats and dogs today. Just like it did yesterday. I'm supposed to hit the links tomorrow, but my guess is that Fresh Meadows is gonna be more like Fresh MUD-dows...so I don't see it happening. I don't want to back out of my foursome though--so hopefully the rest of them share my sentiment.

Syracuse got rolled right over by the Crimson Tide last night. Now I owe David the 'Bama guy at work a 6 pack. I'm 0 for 2 on NCAA bets this year...not to mention the fact that I only had like 10 teams in the Sweet 16 and Kris and I are drowning in her office spread pool. Grrrr. Once again, I have to change who I root for...I'm now pulling for Illinois. Sheesh, I change NCAA affiliations like my buddy Don changes presidential candidates.

The dumbass Chubs traded Juan Cruz to Atlanta yesterday. This guy was yet another one of their can't miss kids who never got the job done. Erratic at best and downright shitty at his worst, he's destined for a long career of shuttling between the majors and minors.