Monday, June 14, 2004

All Grown Up...

My, my...look at how goat-faced little Chelsea looks now!

Day One of Ilk's 3rd go-around on the South Beach Diet. The first time, I dropped 13 lbs on it, and the second time I did it for 3 days and gave up because I was jonesing for ice cream.

This time, I'm sticking to it for at least the next 4 weeks...but I may get a bit liberal with it (especially the no beer part) on weekends. At 235 right now and want to get to 220 by the end of summer.

So far today I've eaten scrambled eggs for breakfast doused in hot sauce with some celery and cream cheese on the side, washed down with a big ol'glass of V8. Lunch was a couple of turkey/lettuce/cheese rollups drowning in grey poupon (I can eat this every day for the next 2 weeks and not get sick of it at all)...anticipating chicken stirfry for dinner. Walked 3.5 miles today and will probably get on the bike tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, the Sox stay red-hot with a pasting of the Braves yesterday. Megaprops to the Panamanian Clipper, Carlos Lee, for breaking the franchise hit streak record.

3 against the Marlins this week followed by a trip to Montreal. Unlike most Sox fans who jumped on the Marlins bandwagon during the NLCS last year, I'm not torn about this one at all.