Monday, June 21, 2004

I was reading a lot of stuff about SpaceShipOne today in light of their historic flight today and came across this kinda interesting blog.

I've always had a strange fascination with airports and aviation. Not sure why...kinda like my fascination with atlases. Maybe I should have been a geography major.

I didn't know this was a real place, I thought someplace just played it on TV.

Sox have to face CC Sabathia and his ill-fitting uniform tonight. I didn't realize this big lug has a 5-1 record against us. Could be trouble.

Back in the day when I was still a northside lemming, the Sox and Tribe used to have quite the rivalry before the Twins came along. I would have liked to have been at some of those games back when they still had Alomar, Ramirez, Justice and Lofton. The only really fond memories I have of Sox-Tribe games are the infamous "Here I Go Again" incidentback in 2002 at an April game where the temperature was like 90 degrees, and a game earlier this year which featured a drunk goombah named Jefferson.

Barry Bonds, how about a big ol'cup of shut the f*ck up?

I read the 9/11 commission's preliminary reports with a great deal of interest...and now William Safire says the whole thing was a premature ejacultaion. He's right about the headlines...all they did was scream that there was no link to al-Qaeda...and what bugs me most is they didn't mention how much worse things could have been that day.

Oh, and here's a list of just a few of the non-South Beach friendly things I ate this weekend:

-9 Old Styles Friday night
-Emergency McDonald's breakfast of steak, egg, cheese bagel/hash browns Saturday morning to ward off effects of 9 Old Styles so I could get out of the house
-Cheese fries with jalapenos at Ranalli's Saturday afternoon
-Fettucini alfredo with a ton of garlic bread last night.

Back on track today though, and I'm off about 6 pounds. Woohoo! I think a lot of that also has to do with the fact I'm working out on a regular basis instead of just Saturday mornings.