Sunday, June 27, 2004


The makeshift shrine Kevin and I constructed Saturday to bring home a Sox winner. I no longer doubt the power of St. Jude. Posted by Hello

So here's my quick rundown on the Crosstown:

-went Saturday and Sunday. Lots more Chub fans in attendance Saturday than Sunday.

-Tailgated both days..brats on Saturday, teryaki chicken and Spiedes Sunday. Drank 6 beers before I even walked in the park Saturday, putting me in a feisty, Cub hating mood.

-Had some dumbass Chub fan Saturday tell me I was the most obnoxious fan in the park. I quickly pointed out the 21 year old Cubbie chick who could barely stand up and the 2 bulldykes in blue in the front row who kept holding their lameass "Finally Sold Out" sign up. He came back at me with the ultra-witty "I looked up obnoxious in the dictionary and saw your picture." What a drillrod, as Willsy would say.

-Ronnie Woo Woo was in the club level yesterday right over our section. If any Cub fans read this blog, will one of you please tell me WHAT THE HELL IS AMUSING about this guy?

-I'm shocked that Hollandsworth's XRays came back negative. He hit that ball off his shin and it was still a line drive.

-That blast Sosa hit on Sunday in the 2nd was big, seemed bigger than the one I saw him hit down Kenmore Avenue last year vs the Brewers. I guess when he DHes, he gets extra time to pop his special vitamins.

-Cliff Politte...bad, but no longer awful after decent stints both games keeping the Cubs at bay. When Shingo came on Saturday, the Cell was just about the loudest I've ever heard it. Zero is my hero!

-While I'll miss Miguel Olivo, I'm ready for Freddy!

I must have been out like a light last night, since I didn't feel the earth move.