Friday, November 19, 2004

It's been cloudy and miserable here for the past 3 or 4 days. I'm starting to get to the point where I wonder when we'll actually see the sun again...and looking at the forecast for the next few days it doesn't look very likely that I'll see it at all before we get to Florida. At least I'll miss the snow on Wednesday, I guess...ahh, small victories.

Nothing too exciting on tap for the weekend. Going to the Wolves game tomorrow in a skybox with my fellow ListGeeks...props to Gary for yet another hookup thanks to his hookup over at Pepsi. I'll watch the Bears with baited breath on Sunday, but I really don't think that they're going to be able to knock off Indy. Stranger things have happened, but everyone runs out of miracles at some point.

Watched the 'Cuse stumble, bumble and miss shots all over the place in the early going last nightand still walk away with a winner over Mississippi State. It was a miserable rainy night, so K and I just sat around and played rummy..I pretty much kicked her ass, impressive considering that up until about 2 weeks ago I couldn't figure out how to play the damned game. (I ain't much for learnin') It's addictive.

In sad news, it looks like Jack and Kelly's 15 minutes are up, if they weren't already.

This month is National Novel Writer's Month. I've kicked around the idea of writing a book for years and even wrote a few chapters 4 years ago, but just kinda got burned out. Before bed last night, I was able to churn out about 8 pages of notes building on those chapters, but I'm way too late to try and shit out 175 pages by the end of the month for the contest. I guess I'll work on it through the winter and maybe try and do it next year. Late to the parade as usual!

Here's this weeks Fades Of The Week:

Denver -4 New Orleans
St. Louis -1 Buffalo