Friday, January 28, 2005

Took the day yesterday and went skiing up at Wilmot Mountain, which might be the only ski "resort" in America constructed on the site of a former landfill. Over the years, I've been pretty spoiled when it comes to skiing. There were a couple small but nice places near where I grew up in Rochester, and the Green Mountains of Vermont were only a few hours away...we'd head up there 3 or 4 times a year. I dated a gal for a while out here who later moved to Vail and worked as an instructor there, so I used to fly out there and ski for free now and then.

So skiing down a little hill on man-made snow isn't all that fun for me, but it was still a good time. I wanted to get some practice in before Tahoe next month, and I did.

After skiing was done, we headed over to the outlet mall in Kenosha. There's 3 places in the world where I can piss money away like water: Vegas, the Sox Garage Sale, and outlet malls. I was surprisingly well-behaved yesterday though--bought 2 shirts at Brooks Brothers for 60 bucks and a vest from Columbia for $20. Pretty proud of myself.

K on the other hand spent 16.99 on some spatulas at Le Creuset. Why we need more spatulas in this house (especially blue ones) is well beyond my comprehension. Oh well.