Thursday, March 31, 2005

Wow, Blogger sure is messed up. I'm typing this right now into a box with no formatting tools that looks like the web pages I used to shit out when I was in charge of the intranet at my contract gig a few years ago. Yeesh.

Anyway, our fair city got laced/tattooed/pummeled/pounded with wicked weather yesterday. At 4:35 PM, Southside Mike and I were hanging out bullshitting about the Sox and drinking Honey Brown.

By 4:45, Southside Mike was scampering to the South Shore train dodging the occasional raindrop.

By 5:00, the sky was that funky shade of yellow one associates with trailer parks and funnel clouds.

By 5:15, the sky was ripped open and the rain poured through a gaping wound..pelting the women and children...

By 5:20, the rain was falling in sheets, mixed with hail. The wind was just whipping and lighting was pretty much constant. Note to self: I need to figure out a way to get pictures of lightning. It's not easy.

By 6:15, most of the streets with any sort of dip to them had turned into small brackish swimming pools.

By 7, it was all over. Temp dropped from 75 to 55. Who knows when we'll see the sun again.