Monday, July 18, 2005

Notes From A Weekend

If you're young, single and Catholic, the Old St. Pat's Block Party is most definitely the place to go to meet members of the opposite sex. I say this because I'm old, not single, and a lapsed Catholic, and still got chatted up an unbelievable amount of times. Or maybe it was just my really ugly shirt.

When I was in St. Louis 6 years ago, I thought it was a terribly boring and puritannical town where nobody likes to have any fun. The reason for that? The gal I was there visting was boring, puritannical and didn't like to have any fun. I'm going to go on the record and say instead that St. Louis flat-out rocks.

St. Louis Cardinal fans are the finest baseball fans in the world. Polite, passionate and devoted. They don't even fight over foul balls at Busch Stadium. Russell summed it up best when he said "47,000 people here today and no one's an asshole." It's a celebration of baseball, as opposed to the intracity pissing matches that Chicago fans always seem to get themselves into at both parks.

XM satellite radio is one of the greatest inventions in the world for road trips. Listening to NASCAR coverage on XM during a long trip though? Not so fun.

Girls from Boston get really annoyed if you make them say "Nomaaaahhhh" over and over and over.

We had a waitress Saturday night at a joint called Sundecker's (right on the river, it had a deck that was out in the sun) that looked like Rob Zombie.

I may or may not do a Sox rewind later...busy day and they won 4 in a row after the break. Simple enough.