Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Full Steam Ahead Into Winter!

Ahh yes. The middle of November...signaling the start of the holiday season. It begins with my favorite day (Thanksgiving--the perfect excuse to go to Florida, eat heavily, drink heavily and watch way too much football) and ends with my second favorite day (New Year's--a day to recover from drinking heavily while watching way too much football). But everything in between can take a suck as far as I'm concerned.

Christmas? Bah humbug, says I. Running around trying to find the prefect present because it's backordered until March online? Not my cup of tea. Plus, my parents split up just before Christmas of 1996--can you say most awkward holiday ever?

I do like Christmas trees, especially since I get to hang a White Sox 2005 World Series Champions ornament on mine this year.

I like snow. It's supposed to snow in Chicago tonight (no way in hell it hits the ground, much less sticks, but it still looks pretty) and that's kinda what inspired this pointless musing.

I like the start of college hoops season, and the playoff races in the NFL heating up.

I don't know if bankrupt companies have Christmas parties or not. But we'll see. About half the company parties I've been to have seen me be perfectly well-behaved, and the other half of them have resulted in me having a 2 day hangover.

So off we go, headlong into the end of 2005. Let's see what it brings!