Sunday, July 18, 2004

Weekend Update...
 
Shot 118 at Harborside yesterday. That's a high number, but I'm still pretty pleased...my goal was to keep it under 120. I was hitting the absolute snot out of the ball on the tees (and didn't hit anything right, a real shock)...in fact, I even hit a couple shots really hard to the left. The big problem with Harborside is that they have sand. Lots and lots of sand. In fact, the have one hole named "Sand" and another called "More Sand"...both of which have bunkers that run pretty much along the entire hole. My tee shots never ended up in there, but plenty of my second shots would skip off the fairway and end up on the beach. My putting was awful, and I found the water on both of the par 3s that are on Lake Calumet, but all in all a great time.
 
Watched "The Gift" last night and got really freaked out a few times...I even screamed like a little girl at one point. It's one scary movie--predictable, and cliche, but still scary. Katie Holmes is REALLY REALLY hot in it.
 
Heading out to Arlington with Russell today.  Time to play the ponies!