Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I cannot believe I am admitting this...

...but with a lousy Monday night football matchup (perpetually-underachieving- since-the-John-Elway-days-Denver squaring off against Cincinnatti--a team whose name I can't spell and along with Arizona and New Orleans, a team I often forget exists), I sat on the couch for 3 hours last night and watched back-to-back-to-back-to-back episodes of "Desperate Housewives." Not only that, but I am absolutely hooked. It's trashy and girly (you know that because they show ads for Stayfree, Fisher-Price and Oil Of Olay during it), but it's roped me in every bit as bad as the Sopranos does when it's on every 2 years. I forgot how hot Terri Hatcher is.

Oh yeah, and I'm making some lemon chicken with snow pea pods recipie later this week, and ran to Dominick's to get the goods for it last night. One of the ingredients is good ol'Maruchan Ramen noodles, staple of my college diet along with Rolling Rock. Back in 1993, they were readily available at Tops Friendly Markets at the low low price of 10 for a buck. When I bought 3 packages today, they were 3 for a dollar. Times are a changin.

From the looks of this picture, not every gomer is voting for Bush.