Monday, October 25, 2004

Much like the Presidential candidates, I made a quick jaunt down to the Sunshine State this weekend (Actually, Dad and I saw W's helicopter fly over while we were putting out on 13 Saturday afternoon. We waved).

Hillsborough County looks like it's solid in the red for Bush. The only Kerry sings I saw were in the lower class 'hoods surrounding Raymond James stadium and on some guy's car with Massachusetts plates at the butcher shop. They actually just opened this Cape-Cod like meat and fish market right by Dad's house called Land and Sea which is really cool, but I'll be damned if I can find the website for it. We picked up some bacon-wrapped filets Saturday that came out sensational.

The Bucs-Bears game was a lot of fun, in spite of the Bears' massive suckitude. Bucs fans seem to be the football equivalent of Cardinals fans, in that they politely applaud every play that the Bucs make, even if they're getting hit for a loss. Our seats were really high up, but on the aisle, and we had a great view of the entire field. Quite a few other Bears fans there. Quinn looked to be his usual wretched self, and Krenzel showed some potential in engineering their lone TD drive, but the O-line just melted down as the game wore on and left him pretty damned vulnerable.

They sell "Big Buc Beers" at the stadium--$7.50 for 32 oz of Coors Light. I drank 3 of them (hey, it was hot) and spent most of the car ride home with my teeth floating.

UPDATE: In sad news, I just found out that Abby Fisher, who I clerked for in 1995 at the CBOT passed away after a long battle with cancer. She was always one of my favorite people in the world, and a great mentor for someone who at the time was just getting his feet wet in the markets. The last time I saw her was in Field's on State Street in the fall of 2001...she looked at me and was like "My God, you're all grown up."

Thanks Abby.