Friday, December 03, 2004

Juice!

I'm really not sure what to make of all the dirty little BALCO secrets that are finally being unleashed. My first reaction when I heard about Bonds and Giambi could hardly be described as surprised. I mean come on, the whole mystery ailment thing with Giambi last year was a clear sign he was popping something that wasn't quite natural, and then the discovery of the tumor on the pituitary gland pretty much sealed the deal. With the Yankees already threatening to void his deal, it looks like he's pretty much cooked.

As for Bonds, I've never liked the guy, and I hope he ends up with an asterisk next to every entry in the record book. What's pissing me off even more is the whole "I took steroids without knowing what they are" excuse, which just reeks of Bill Clinton not knowing the definition of what "is" is. For him to put that much blind faith in his trainer and just swallow or apply anything that he hands him is ludicrous.

I'm curious to see what other names get named, most notably a certain right fielder prone to "sneezing fits" and "infected toes" that land him on the DL.

So just when I thought it was safe for the casual fan to get back into baseball again, another freakin setback comes along. Joy joy. At least this will finally get Selig to strap one on and impose a good, harsh testing policy.

Busy weekend ahead...tomorrow morning, we have to drive out to Huntley (West Bumblefoo) to meet K's sister, who has our Christmas presents. This is the last chance we get to pick the stuff up from her, since we're in Seattle next weekend and then her sis leaves for Florida the following Thursday. Now why K's mom just didn't mail us the stuff is beyond me, but it's just about par for the course with that bunch. Gonna swing by Elmhurst on the way back in to see how big Maggie is getting, and then we're meeting Rob and Holly for dinner and "Alexander" that night. Bears game Sunday...hopefully it's as warm as the one 2 weeks ago.

Crocks of the Week:

Dallas +7 Seattle
Tampa Bay -1 Atlanta

Oh, and Agent Scully ain't so hot anymore. Eeeek!