Monday, January 03, 2005

Are You Suggesting Coconuts Migrate?

The first holiday weekend of 2005 was a fun one, and like all holiday weekends, it blew by way too fast. Friday ended up being a very low-key affair...I made a pork roast (wrap the meat in bacon, rub it with olive oil, Lawry's seasoned salt, basil and oregano and it's damned good), K made her famous au gratin potatoes and green beans, and we just sat around and watched the "South Park" marathon on Comedy Central, flipping over to Channel 7 in time for the CST countdown and then right back over to South Park. Also played Scrabble...and in a shocking upset, K beat me by 2 points. Wow.

Saw Spam-A-Lot on Saturday. Nearly pissed myself on multiple occasions. You can just tell by the looks on the actors' faces that they know they have a winner on their hands....I'm guessing it ends up pretty big on Broadway. (Note: For someone who very rarely goes to the theatre, I can now brag that I have seen both "The Producers" and "Spam-A-Lot" before they shipped off to the Great White Way)

Had a good dinner at the Grill Room prior. Not outstanding, but definitely good.

Also caught some of the bowls Saturday. I really don't pay much attention to one particluar game when there's that many on, but the Iowa-LSU finish was just amazing. And I really hope the Bears go after Braylon Edwards.

Speaking of da Bears, went to my last Bears game of the season yesterday. Losing sucks, and losing to the Packers' second string sucks even more, although not as much as the Bills losing to the Steelers' 3rd string. Chad Hutchinson got sacked 9 times, but I swear to God, it seemed more like 20. It sure felt like it merited some sort of dubious record, but apparently it wasn't even close.

At least there was some damned good Italian Beef at the tailgate. OH yeah, and Old Style!

Which leads me to my final thought of this overly longass post. As part of my weight loss plan, I'm gonna see how long ol'Ilk can lay off the sauce. My goal is to not have a drink until Spring Traning, but I really don't see that happening.

A more realistic prediction is that I end up drinking at our poker party, Soxfest and in Tahoe but that's it. We all know how I am with predictions, so....