Thursday, January 06, 2005

Riding the train up to the IU-NU game last night (sans iPod, a real rarity on the train) and I overheard snippets of the following conversation behind me:

"I've been working so hard this week. My skin is angry with me."

"You should have seen what I did with my eyes for John's party. I outlined them in black and then put this shimmery stuff all around them. And I made my hair stand up."

"All I've had to eat today is a mocha and an orange. Usually I get up at 3 am and pig out on Raisin Bran."

Two Lincoln Park Trixies chatting? Nope, 2 gay guys. Fascinating stuff.

Game was a good time. NU's fieldhouse is like a cross between an airplane hangar and a very large high school gym. The alums and high rollers get to sit in cushy purple velvet-backed chairs while the unwashed masses sit on bleachers. There were a LOT of Hoosier fans there, and boy do they get antsy when they don't get a call. Very similar to Red Sox or Packer fans.

It's a Winter Wonderland here today. Got about 10" of snow over the past 2 days, makes for a pain in the ass to get anywhere, but boy is it nice to look at!