Friday, January 07, 2005

You Heard It Here First...

But then again, for an eternal optimist like me, hope always springs eternal. So I'll get it out of the way right now and say it...I'm excited about the White Sox this year. Signing AJ Pierzynski was a great move. Not only is he the first catcher we've had in years who actually picks up more than 25 RBI in a season, but he brings some serious attitude to the club. Not the Frank Thomas sulk and whine and pout type of attitude, but more of a "try and bowl me over and I'll kick your ass" attitude. That's what Ozzie was like as a player, and it's good he's surrounding himself with players like that, I tell you what.

Playing Mahjongg with Rob and Holly tomorrow night. I haven't the faintest clue how to play and I'm not exactly what you could call a quick learner when it comes to games, s0 we'll see what kind of an exercise in humiliation this becomes.