Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Mehh. Not much in the way of new material today, so I'll give y'all the recipe I made last night:

Chicken Saltimbocca

(This is an old favorite of mine when I dined out at Proietti's growing up. K cut this recipe out of Allure magazine and told me it sounded good, so I whipped it up. According to the headline in the magazine, I now cook like an Italian goddess)

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
3 slices prosciutto
Fresh parmigana cheese (shredded)
1 clove garlic
2/3 c chicken broth
2 tbsp lemon juice
olive oil

Take spinach out of package and throw into a bowl with a dash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.

Pound out chicken. If you're male, make obligatory joke about beating your meat while doing so.
Lay prosciutto on top of meat, then layer spinach, a touch of garlic and cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpick, which is somewhat of a bitch if you use large breasts like I did.

Heat skillet with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Toss in chicken breasts, cook about 3 minutes a side and reduce heat to medium. Add broth and lemon juice and let simmer for about 8 minutes. Remove and serve.

If you're a wuss worried about portion sizes, you may want to slice the rolled up breasts before serving. They're pretty filling. Enjoy!