Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The One Where Ilk Cuts And Pastes.

As most of you know, we're heading to Tahoe next week for some skiing, tippling and gambling. What a dream vacation...3 of my 4 favorite activities rolled up into one nice little snow-covered package.

Rob (of Rob and Renee fame) emailed me this story from the Old Grey Lady about the record snowfalls this year. (Note to self: clip and save)

The article precipitated the following email exchange:

Rob
to me,
Show options 3:09pm (39 minutes ago)
Screw waiting, lets go now.

Ilk

to Rob
Show options 3:19pm (29 minutes ago)
K has the flu, so it's just you and me son.

It'll be like "Sideways."

Rob
to me
Show options 3:23pm (26 minutes ago)
I didn't see "SideWays", should I be worried?

Besides, what about Renee... can't she come with us too?

Ilk
to Rob
Show options 3:25pm (24 minutes ago)
Here's the premise: 2 guys, one a somewhat uptight writer/teacher
still getting over a divorce and the other a dashing lothario with the
moral sense of a cherrystone clam wend their way through napa valley,
womanize, and guzzle lots of wine.

no girls allowed.
___
Yawn. Sometimes I wish I could pull a Sideways type routine and just go bomb around in the middle of nowhere, swilling vino all day and hitting on waitresses at night.

Gotta live sometimes, ya know?