Thursday, February 24, 2005

Who Am I? 18546!

That's my number in the Cubs wristband ticket lottery.

Yep. After about 6 beers up at The Rail last night while watching Illinois steamroll yet another Big Ten opponent, I hopped on the Red Line and waited in line for 45 minutes to get this stupid green piece of plastic which may or may not get me an early crack at seats at be-yoo-tee-ful Wrigley Field.

Of course, I probably won't use said tickets myself. Unlike most Sox fans, I don't hate all things Wrigley (I just hate what the Cubs stand for) and enjoy going there, but I'm usually able to finangle free tickets 4 or 5 times a year through various connections in the financial industry. Any tickets I get tomorrow will probably end up on eBay at highly inflated prices for lemming Cub fans to snap up before the season starts.

Funny though. I stood in line (freezing my ass off and having to pee like a racehorse) with 2 fairly intelligent Cubs fans (yes, kinda like Republicans in Chicago, they do exist in very small doses) and talked baseball with them the whole time. They're not feeling too pumped for this year, saying the Nomahh deal was a huge mistake, and that Jeromy Burnitz is just Sosa Lite.