Thursday, May 12, 2005

Befuddled and Flummoxed

I don't watch American Idol, but I can't avoid reading about it at least once a day on one of the 10 bazillion different news websites that I visit.

Seems like every week, there's some kind of stink being raised about something. This week's burning issue (from CNN.com):

"The dial-in phone number for Carrie Underwood was displayed on the closed-captioning for all the contestants, possibly aiding her survival. The correct numbers, however, were shown with on-screen graphics and announced by Seacrest."

This is a tinfoil hatter if I've ever seen one...for one simple reason: American Idol is a MUSICAL TALENT show! How many hard of hearing folks are going to watch it? Their closed captioning is sure to mangle the lyrics and Simon Cowell's snide comments.

Just tell me what Paula Abdul's "distinguishing characteristic" is and cancel the show already.