Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Like Ferris Bueller Says...

I dunno, some quote about life moving too fast and passing you by.

As everyone knows, the mega derivatives brokerage that I work for filed for bankruptcy last month. Fates became uncertain, business was bought out. Everyone panicked.

Earlier this month, I got a call from a headhunter acting on behalf of a software company that I've had my eyes on for about 7 years but never was able to get an "in" with. Well, he got me in, and I interviewed for a position that seemed way over my head.

Guess it wasn't. They presented me with an offer yesterday. Full-time software sales, baby. Giddyup.

My last day here is December 7th. December 8th-12th I'm in Seattle. I get back from Seattle and hop a flight to NYC the next day for two weeks of training (back on weekends, thankfully) that'll take me right up to Christmas.

Off to Florida for Turkey Day tonight. Y'all have a good one, catch you next week.