Thursday, October 28, 2004

Saddest day of the year yesterday...the last day of baseball until March of 2005. But congrats to that gloriously pesky bunch of idiots known as the Red Sox. I don't like 'em and didn't root for 'em, but they showed up to play, and play they did.

I was talking with aaron last night about the Series, and he asked me if I thought the Cards getting swept was the biggest choke of the season. I don't think they choked at all, they just didn't even let themselves get in it. To me, choking implies that you are on the verge of victory (see also: 2004 New York Yankees, 2003 Chicago Cubs, 1991 Buffalo Bills and Gore, Albert Jr) and then blow it.

Other than that, not much to report. Tennis tonight--I have been saying every Thursday for about a month that "this is absolutely positively going to be the last nice Thursday of the year and will be my last week of tennis" but somehow the sun keeps coming out at the end of the week. I'm not complaining.

I think tomorrow will be my state-by-state electoral picks, we'll see if I have any better luck with them than with the locks off the week.