Friday, January 14, 2005

As is pretty much the case every year, I ended up with a glut of Soxfest tickets. Being the loyal and helpful Sox fan that I am, I posted on WSI seeing if any members of my virtual baseball community wanted them.

One kid replied. See exchange below. It's hysterical....

WSI Regular

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lisle
Posts: 61


i might be intersested in the sunday tickets....i will need to work on the details...if i go i might only need 2 of them...

So I replied:



2 left, yours for the taking.

He comes back with:


could i get some details:
- how do i get them (at will call?)
-for sunday, right?
-any specific reason why you are giving them away
-anything else you know
-are they free?

i think ill probably take them

So I decide to answer his questions (my replies are in bold):

Originally Posted by whitesoxwilkes
[QUOTE=bhayes520]could i get some details:
- how do i get them (at will call?)

Will call or you can meet up with me at the hotel.

-for sunday, right?

2 for Sunday.

-any specific reason why you are giving them away

Got extras, I always end up with them.

-anything else you know

Sox rule, Cubs drool.

-are they free?

Yes.

i think ill probably take them

Great! I think. I'm helping this little feller out. But then he responds with this:

how can i get them at will call, as in...what name or whatever

i trust you, but i am only 17, and my mom is a little less trusting, would it maybe be possible to send them to me???

i dunno, i think she is crazy, but if you mailed them tommorow, they would get here sat., right?

i live in lisle, a western suburb, not to far...

i dont wanna mess you up if it would be easier to give them to someone else, so if you have other people, i guess i can buy them instead

im sure you can understand that mothers are sometimes a little overprotective maybe...

I'm pretty understanding about this, as I had the most overprotective mother in the world. So I reply:

PM me your address and I'll drop them in the mail first thing tomorrow.

I had an overprotective mother too, I know how you feel.

So my new friend comes back with this: (note the grammar btw, if mine were this bad when I was 17, I would have shot myself)

i am convince that this will work, yet the mother is still a little uncertain. i think she thinks you are some kind of mass murderer just because you use the internet. poor lady, she is a little misunderstanding...she said to talk to my father, who should be home around 920-930, so i will talk to him and immediately give you a reply once i am finsihed with him

thanks for your patience, and i hope this works out, i owe you big time if it does...

Yep, that interweb sure is a scary place, ain't it?

He wrote me a short time later to tell me he couldn't take them. Oh well, his loss...