Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oscar Thoughts

I spent most of Sunday night catching up on TiVoed stuff from last week, but now I've got the Academy Awards on in the background. Yawn.

Here's a few thoughts:

Chris Rock's monologue (which I did catch before my TiVo session) was funny. I'll admit it, even the Bush-as-Gap-employee stuff was pretty clever. Time to start a war with Banana Republic. Good joke about that fat slobby Michael Moore. I still think he should have done a rap paying homage to the stupid musical ditties Billy Crystal used to open with.

God, Sean Penn is a sanctimonious (synonym for the female genitalia). I can't believe his overly histronical performance in "Mystic River" won last year, and I still can't believe he got to bang Madonna. Maybe he should go back to Baghdad and hook up with a suicide bomber...he's one American casualty I wouldn't be too upset about.

Hillary Swank needs to eat more. But she's still hot. Someone Super Size Her!

Kate Winslet's obviously been eating less.

God I wish there was a basketball game on.