Thursday, March 10, 2005

CTA Troubles

Wrote a post earlier about the troubles the Chicago Transit Authority is facing, and Blogger promptly ate it.

I don't really feel like writing it all out again, but my general take is this: the fare hike sucks, but I'd rather pony up the extra 75 cents a ride than have to deal with service cuts. Granted, since I live right near the Loop, I don't need to use it on a daily basis...only time I ride it is to ballgames or up north for tennis/sailing/poker/drinking. But for folks with daily commutes downtown, service cuts are gonna suck. Not to mention for the poor who live on the south and west sides and use it to get to and from just about everywhere--a fare hike and service cuts would both suck

Bad situation all around...and I'm not even sure how they got into this mess to begin with.