Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Back From Florida

A few reflections:

-I got to see an unusually high-scoring hockey game. The New Jersey Devils pounded the DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPION FROM TWO YEARS AGO (as they endlessly remind you) Tampa Bay Lightning 8-2. If you ever catch a game at the St. Pete Times Forum, I highly recommend getting your drink on at Dave Andreychuk's Grille pre and post game.

-I got to see an unusually low-scoring football game, as the Bears once again bore down and held off the Buccaneers. This team is truly for real and the national media's finally taking notice. (Reminds me just a little of another Chicago team)

-There are few pleasures in life quite like scarfing down a pecan waffle at Waffle House while "Redneck Woman" plays on the jukebox and a cook named Dot whines to the waitresses about her cheatin boyfriend. I wish I had my video camera with me.