Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bulls On Parade

I was at the Bulls game last night thanks to a sweet last minute hookup courtesy of our favorite neighbors. I was expecting yet another lackluster game from the Chicago Five, not unlike the 4th quarter-OT collapse they pulled off when I was there on New Year's Eve where Steve Nash outscored them down the stretch like 30-10.

But no, last night they didn't disappoint. Ben Gordon poured in 30 off the bench. Gordon has terrible nights when he starts the game, but is living up to the hype as last year's NBA Sixth Man award winner. Maybe Skiles should just have him come in after like 12 seconds or something--that way he's not in the starting lineup but still has the chance to contribute.

Big Ben nailed the gamewinning 3 with 4 seconds left in overtime.

The Bulls shot 60% from the free throw line, which is about what I shoot when I go up to the basketball court after my workouts to cool down.

Antonio Davis ended up jumping into the stands to confront a guy who was badgering his wife--and I didn't even notice. It's always odd how when you watch a sporting event live, there's a lot that you miss.