Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Randoms

-After some initial misgivings, I've come to the conclusion that in spite of the fact that I'm crazy busy from 8 to 5:30 every day that I really like my new job. To wit: today I sat in a meeting where the other participants were the CEO of our entire company, the CEO of the North Americas Division, the North Americas CTO and our office's Managing Director. The topic: me spearheading a campaign with our biggest client. At MegaDerivatives Mart, I occasionally got to sit down with meatheaded brokers and try to explain concepts well outside their feeble grasps. So yeah--whole new ballgame and I like it.

-Made Valentine's dinner last night. Steak Diane. Any fool with fast hands can take a girl out to dinner, but it takes a real guy to cook a girl dinner.

-"Harbinger" is one of my favorite words, right up there with "penultimate." To me, the ultimate harbinger of spring, and hence baseball being just around the corner is that the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show thing always wraps up right around the time the first batch of pitchers and catchers report. So even though Rufus the bull terrier is one ugly dog, his visage plastered all over the place is definitely a good sign.

-Related note: my friend Bobby B has a bull terrier named Bob.

-Short track speedskating is like Roller Derby. Fun to watch.