Friday, July 30, 2004

I'm decidedly uninspired to blog today. Probably because it's raining.

So I watched Kerry's speech last night, and it left me with a few questions. Now remember, I'm a Republican who doesn't want to have to be forced to plug my nose and vote for Bush, so if these questions get answered, it might be enough to get me to yank the donkey lever for the first time since 1996.

Convention speeches always seem soooo looooong, but Tom Oliphant still thinks it was rushed.

One thing Kerry did last night that was impressive was that he's forcing Bush to go on the defensive. By pounding on themes like terrorism and the war in Iraq, he's calling Bush out on the very core of his presidency. Think of this whole thing as one giant trial, Kerry's got the burden of proof. My burning questions to follow this weekend or tonight.