Friday, August 27, 2004

Got to play in the ESPN1000 golf outing yesterday at Bolingbrook Golf Club, which has got to be the toughest track I've ever played, putting even Oak Hill and Harborside to shame. Narrow jagged fairways, bunkers galore and TONS of water...good thing I threw an extra dozen balls in my bag since I used almost all of them.

Our celebrity team captain was Peggy Kusinski, from NBC 5 sports. She's an absolute riot, and one hell of a golfer. We ended up using more of her tee shots than mine. Russell and I both played like absolute crap, hacking and duffing our way through 18 holes, but it was a great time for a good cause, I'll probably be back next year.

And now on to the big news....today is my last day at Townsend Analytics. I resigned 2 weeks ago and kept it on the down low, but I suppose everone had to find out sooner or later. I'd really prefer not to get into the specifics of what happened (it really isn't that bad, but this is after all a public forum), but if you want to know, drop me a line. I have a few irons in the fire already, so hopefully unemployment will be blissfully brief.

Bears game tonight, Kevin Dever's ribfest tomorrow, sailing Sunday. Why do I get the feeling this weekend is going to be over in about 45 seconds?