Friday, September 24, 2004

All my life, I've had some sort of strange cloud over my head. Not necessairly a black cloud of impending doom, but instead more like a kinda fluffly pink comedic cloud that pretty much guarantees that if something freakish is going to happen, it'll probably happen to me.

Examples of this include the recent TSA/Zweigle's hot dogs incident, the Dimitri-Young-broke-my-finger-at-the-ballpark tragedy back in 2003, the escalator at McCurdy's Department Store in Rochester eating my shoelace on a class trip in first grade...the list goes on and on and I'll spare you all the details until next time something happens. But anyway, last night I was chomping on a piece of gum as Kris and I sat in traffic on the Ike to go out to Elmhurst. As is my usual habit with gum, I got sick of chomping it after 5 minutes and tossed it out the window. Only problem was, instead of ending up on the pavement, it ended up stuck to the car door. And I mean stuck! I was able to get the bulk of it off through careful scraping and rubbing over the course of 3 or 4 miles (taking care not to get my arm severed by a speeding SUV or 78 Lincoln Town Car), but there's still a black spot on the door (kinda like when you get it off your shoe)...I wonder if cold cream or peanut butter will get it off.

Now, the Locks of The Week, for entertainment purposes only:

Green Bay +6 Indianapolis

NY Giants -3 Cleveland

1-1 last week, 2-2 on the season.

Big big I mean really big regatta this weekend. I thought for sure it was going to be miserable and blustery out on the big lagoon, but it looks downright docile according to this.