Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dispatches From The Front: Love That Dirty Water Edition

The Frugal Hipster is in Boston all week. While his girlfriend attends an art history conference, TFH is loose on the streets of Beantown.

As I'm sitting at my desk today designing a trading layout to appease clients on the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange (Side note: Yes, there is a futures exchange in Winnipeg. They trade futures and options on canola--sometimes known by the less politically correct term rapeseed--as well as White Winter Wheat and Barley. Fascinating, I know.) he's peppering the ol'v551 with messages such as these:

"Man I love art history babes"

"Just tried on $18k watch. 80s Patek Philippe....Salesman did his best not to roll eyes at my old Sox jacket."

"At Ralph Lauren store. Full of Skull and Bones type clothes."

Amusing.