Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Day 2...

...of my unemployment.

Day 1 was spent talking to my lawyer in the morning, and then taking in the Sox game yesterday afternoon. They actually WON with me persent for the first time since late July. It was a perfect sunny afternoon, and a whopping 5,000 people showed up to see Joe Borchard hit an absolute moon shot. Yesterday at least, I was willing to ignore the fact that he fanned 3 times after his blast.

So today I have to draft a letter to Townsend to try and let me out of my non-compete, arguing that the firm I am interviewing with is not in direct competition with them and that my duties in my position there would be completely dissimilar to the functions I performed there. It's gonna be a good ol' fashioned "compare and contrast" essay straight out of freshman year of college.

My buddy Kevin and I have agreed to boycott Bruce Springsteen until after the election, mainly because of crap like this. There's nothing I hate more than entertainers trying to get involved with politics...unless of course they actually run for office.

Didn't watch the convention last night, but I guess Guiliani was pretty inspiring. Granted, the guy's had some issues in the past with the NYPD, but I still view him as America's mayor. It's not like he was personally responsible for the brutality anyway...I'm guessing that had been part of the NYPD's culture since long before he was elected.

William Raspberry (who has a great last name) has a piece in the WaPost today about how the whole "Anybody But Bush" movement is likely to fail with Lurch as the standard-bearer.