Thursday, September 30, 2004

First of all, had what seemed to me yesterday to be a very successful interview with a Chicago financial powerhouse, so y'all keep your fingers crossed.

Now on to more pressing matters. As most know, the Cubs are now 1/2 game off the wild card lead thanks to Houston's late season surge. Latroy Hawkins blew the Cubs' shot at victory yesterday, and then the Reds tried to give it to them again in extras and failed when Moises Alou did his best Paul Konerko imitation and grounded into a double play, and then Derrek Lee fanned to end the game. So the anti-Cubbie karma in the air is pretty high right now. There's only one thing that will cement their 2004 choke though--my presence at the ballpark. So after my guitar lesson, I'm heading up to be-yooo-tee-ful Wrigley Field, where I will sit quietly, scorebook in hand, Old Style in cupholder and radio on head tuned to WGN (so I can hear Santo moan OHHHNOOOOOOO) to further hex the beloved Northsiders. They're 0-8 since 2002 with me at the ballpark.

Off to gomerIndiana for a regatta tomorrow, and then sailing season mercifully comes to a close.

Be warned, this picture may rip at your guts.