Thursday, September 02, 2004

I am beat today...nice active day yesterday. If there's one thing to be said for unemployment, it's that it forces you to get out and do stuff to keep from going insane.

Did my usual 4 mile walk/run/shuffle yesterday morning. Got home and moved about 15 storage tubs out of the 2nd bedroom and into our storage locker downstairs. Said locker has a large support pole that holds up the building right smack dab in the middle of it, but somehow I was able to wiggle everything around it into nice neat stacks. I swear, the room actually seems brighter with all the crap out of it. Biked up the lakefront (I forgot how easy it is to get distracted ogling all the eye candy) to Recreation Drive and played 2 sets of tennis with Aaron. Following tennis, drained a couple pints at Goose Island and had one of their famous Stilton burgers, which is absolutely out of this world, but left me with quite a stomachache when I went to bed last night.

Got back from tennis (yeah, I wimped out and took the CTA home since I was full and slightly buzzed) to find Kris passed out drunk in the bedroom and snoring. Apparently she ended up going out with some of her DePaul friends and got a little nutty on the martinis, plus she didn't eat dinner. So I fell asleep on the couch after watching my personal RNC highlights reel (thank you TiVo, my new best friend) and then went into the bedroom later when I knew I was truly exhausted and the jet engine-level snorng wouldn't bother me.

Anyhow, Zell Miller gave one hell of a speech last night. He's now my favorite donkey.