Thursday, September 09, 2004

Woohooo! It's already Thursday of my non-work week.

Last night was a fun evening. Aaron and I headed up to Clemente Park to play tennis, but it turns out that Da Park District has changed the tennis courts listed on the website into basketball courts. Luckily, Humboldt Park was only a few blocks away so we went and played over there.

Tried the new racquet out for the first time. Hit it really well, but the problem is I have lulled myself into playing Aaron's style of tennis, which he describes as "ticky tac"--lots of volleys and little low pokes over the net. I'm not that type of player...I much prefer playing a baseline game where I can blast shots past my opponent. Aaron creamed me in the first set, and beat me in the second 7-6...I think I may finally be getting my first serve where it should be, and I stopped charging the net so goddamned much.

After the match, headed over to a joint on Division called Small Bar, which is going to end up turning into Wicker Park's version of Ginger's Ale House as a footie bar. Watched the US-Panama World Cup Qualifier, which just might have had the most exciting finish to a soccer match I have ever seen.

Today: guitar lesson, laundry, Home Depot, and I'm gonna clean this messy house!