Monday, October 04, 2004

Newspaper Style...

News: Prez race now a dead heat as far as popular percentages. Clearly, Lurch scored a big one with his debating Thursday night. By the time Bush stopped making funny faces and doing that annoying lip-twitch, Kerry had nailed all his salient points. Vice Presdidential debate tomorrow night...this humble correspondent will be tuned to the playoffs.

Good to see not everyone in Hollywood is a flaming liberal. I knew about Ben Stein (he worked on Nixon's White House Staff along with Pat Buchanan), but the rest of these are somewhat of a surprise, especially Drew Carey.

Supremes say Do Not Call Is A-OK!

Obituaries: Janet Leigh, famous for the shower scene in "Psycho."

Rachel Pagano, not famous, but still my beloved grandmother. Both died at 77. It's kinda freaking me out that so far, neither of my grandparents who passed away has made it to 80.
No, I am not able to make it to Rochester for the funreal. Yes, my mother is pretty pissed at me. Hopefully, time heals all wounds.

Lifestyles: We had dinner at Cafe Matou Friday night with Rob and Holly...we ended up not doing the regatta in IN due to Holly's father being sick, and mught have been a blessing in disguise with grandma passing away Friday afternoon. After reading the reviews on Metromix, I gotta say I was very skeptical about the bang for the buck factor at this place, but I was simply blown away...everything was outstanding. I had the John Dory, which as it turns out is one ugly fish. Portions were very good sized, very unusual for an uppity restaraunt.

Got too much baseball junk? Wire shelving units from The Great Ace solve all your bobblehead and scorebook storage problems, and are very reasonably priced.

I've heard U2's new single about 40 times and haven't gotten sick of it yet. Reminds me of "Electric Co" (off of Under A Blood Red Sky) mixed with "Elevation."

Finished reading Dan Brown's _Deception Point_ last night, and stayed up until about 1 am in the process. Predictable ending, but still a white-knuckled thrill ride of a story. Every single one of his books seems to involve a hot single woman, a mysterious intellectual guy and a lot of chases full of implausible escapes. But hey, makes for good easy reading.

Sports: Bears are 1-3. Bills are 0-3. My Frickin' Sharks With Frickin' Lasers fantasy football team is 0-4.

Nice to see the Sox salvage some dignity and finish with a winning record.
5 White Sox who will hopefully be Sox no more: Garland, Crede, Schoeneweis, Valentin (pretty much a guarantee) and Harris.

Nice to see the Cubs pull off yet another classic choke job. Looks like Alou is definitely gone. In spite of his whining and bizarre habit of pissing on his hands, I always had a begruding respect for him. Is Sosa really going to the Mets?

My sister's ex-boyfriend scored his first NFL touchdown last night. Congrats, Joey! By the way, he's got one of the greatest last names a running back could want.