Monday, November 01, 2004

It's raining, it's pouring....

First day of November and it's pouring buckets from the sky. Guns n Roses were right about that whole November Rain thing.

Weekend was fun...went to Halloween party at Stanley's Friday after a pretty mundane but humid Critical Mass ride that I had to duck out of early to get home in time to make the party. My costume was pretty lame ass in retrospect...I went as a hipster in brown polyester pants and a beigeish-brownish bowling shirt, but unless you really know me (which the vast majority of people at this party didn't) it really didn;t garner any accolade. I spent most of the evening knocking back Beam and Cokes and talking music with Aaron.

The best costume I saw: one guy dressed up as a Vietnam-era Kerry (jungle green coat, captain's hat, ascot, pipe, Atlantic Monthly in pocket) . Aside form a couple people who made clever pun costumes (eye candy, chick magnet), really nothing to write home about. Went to River Shannon for a couple pints after that and finally got home about 3:30.

Got a call from our friend Stephanie yesterday afternoon..turns out she and Jim had 2 extra tickets to the Bears game, so went to that last night. Their offense is pretty blah with Krenzel at the helm, but their defense was outstanding and they finally got their first win at "Soldier's Field" this year.

If I see one more poll about "X leads Y by one point" I'm going to be sick. If I hear the words "suppression and disenfranchisement" one more time, I'm going to be sick. Just get it over with.